Dear BAC members,
We hold our Annual General Meeting this coming Sunday, on 30 October, at 2 pm.
I urge you all to attend, because we shall be conducting important business.
Firstly, officers will report on the last year of operations.
Secondly, a new Committee will be elected.
Also, members will be voting on a new BAC constitution. Much work has gone into this sweeping reform of the Society’s rules, most notably by Margaret Birtley. You should have received PDF files showing the present rules and the proposed rules, accompanies by explanations.
How members can attend the meeting is explained in the notice already sent to you by the Secretary. This reads in part:
- The British Australian Community’s 2022 Annual General Meeting (AGM) will take place at 2:00pm on Sunday 30th October 2022. …
- Financial BAC members will need to attend the 2022 Annual General Meeting by Microsoft Teams video-conference.
- Please advise me [Secretary] either by email at email@example.com or by phone on 0422 425 227 by no later than 5pm on Thursday 27th October if you intend to attend this AGM by video-conference.
- I will then provide members wishing to attend the Annual General Meeting with video-conference access details for this online meeting.
- If you are unable to attend the AGM and wish to appoint a proxy, please complete and submit the accompanying Proxy Form either by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to the BAC’s postal address set out on the bottom of this page. Proxy forms must be submitted to the Secretary by no later than 2pm on Saturday 29th October 2022.
The meeting agenda was attached to the Secretary’s recent message. Here it is again:
- Welcome & Proxies
- Minutes of AGM of 26th September 2021
- President’s Report
- Treasurer’s Report for year ended 30th of June 2022
- Election of Officers and Committee of Management Members
- Special Resolution: “That the Rules of the British Australian Community be replaced by the proposed new Rules annexed to this Special Resolution and that the new Rules apply to the British Australian Community from the date of their adoption by members at the annual general meeting.”
- Life Memberships
- General Business
Once again, please attend Sunday’s AGM. I’ll be reviewing our achievements in the last year and outlining plans for the next.
President, British Australian Community